Your Business and Social Media: Dos and Don’ts
The great opportunities social media opens up for your business are far-reaching. But if social media is misused, it could quickly do more harm than good. Here are some basic tips about what to share (or NOT):
- engage with your audience beyond just promoting your business — respond to what they say, ask for feedback
- share relevant information from other sources — as long as you say where it’s from!
- update your information and keep it fresh
- keep outgoing information succinct and to the point
- monitor your activity — is your information getting to the right people in the right timeframe?
- post personal information that’s not relevant to the business
- air bad feelings or arguments (within your organization or beyond)
- make disparaging remarks about other people or other businesses
- flood your followers with posts, tweets, etc.
- repost other’s content claiming that it’s your own
Two of the biggest DON’TS seen over and over again in the marketing world are:
- businesses with unrealistic expectations of what social media can do — it won’t do all of the work for you, especially if you don’t have a plan.
- businesses thinking they can manage all of their social media themselves — it’s common to greatly underestimate the amount of time required to keep social media relevant and engaging to your audience
But that’s what we’re here for! Need help with your social media? From creating graphics and creating content, to analyzing campaigns and creating ads, social media can be an overwhelming task. At HD Marketing & Design we understand all the varieties of marketing options available in today’s interconnected world. We help Fort Wayne companies and businesses nationwide connect and build relationships with current and prospective customers. And, we pride ourselves on getting to know and understand our clients so we can spread their message in the best ways possible.
Learn more about our Social Media Marketing program, or contact us today at (260) 432-8437.